Monday, November 5, 2012

buzz........buzzz......

So excited to get my first quilt bee block in the mail. Here is what I got for inspiration.

 She said she wanted blue/teal/aqua, reds and pinks with a splash of green. This is my complimentary block that I made her.


I kept it simple and "blocky" like the original but added different dimensions and shapes. I am really happy with it. I also got to sneak a peak at the first block that was made for my wonky log cabin quilt. I'm pretty excited. Only 12-13 more months until mine are finished traveling and back in my hands.

I have a second block to make for the bee with the inspiration being "your neighborhood". Still chewing on what to do....maybe trees? Probably some paper-piecing of some sort....hopefully I'll have something to show later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers......whatcha got for me?