Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Black Walnut Pendant

We are finishing up a few gifts for our early Christmas this weekend with Brian's family.


I am so excited about these little gifts. They are made from reclaimed wood from the family farm. Some of the wood is spalted and just adds to the uniqueness to the piece. 

 
These two pieces above are spalted...see that cool black line running through it. That's the spalting from what I've learned. It's a fungus or something that the wood gets and you can't tell until you've cut the tree down or it dies and the tree falls. I think it's pretty cool and adds depth to the natural wood grain. 

Brian even made a few extra. I might have one fall into my stocking in a few weeks.....wink wink. 

 
See it already looks good hanging in my jewelry case.








1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers......whatcha got for me?